Sunday, August 7, 2011

Journey Lorena's Third Gathering

I cannot wait till tomorrow! I had to write about our gathering tonight! I am so very excited about what the Lord is doing through Journey Lorena. I wrote briefly just a few weeks back about our first gathering. We had 30 people. It was awesome! Our second gathering was just as great, and we only had 15 people. Three families were all gone on that same weekend. However, they were all back tonight for our third official gathering. ;-)

Tonight was such an amazing experience. All three of those families were back tonight, along with a few new families that we didn't expect. We had a total of 40 people for our gathering tonight. We had three new families that joined us for worship and Bible study for the first time. What made it so very amazing, two of the families that visited announced that they wanted to be a part of our Launch Team...on their very FIRST night! God is so amazingly awesome. The third family hasn't committed yet, but they said they would definitely be back. On top of all of that, two other families from our original first group announced tonight that they were officially "IN" as a part of the Launch Team. This now makes 8 total families on our Launch Team! Wow! God is amazing.

We had a great time in worship tonight! As usual, David Middlebrook, our Worship Pastor, did an amazing job! He put together a great worship set tonight and everyone was engaged. We had a great Bible study from John 5. We all soaked up the fellowship after the Bible study, several families staying for quite some time. The numbers naturally guided our conversation to a vision for the future. If we are going to have 35-40 people on a consistent basis, we really need to consider a bigger space. Can you believe that!? We have only had our third official gathering and we are already talking about outgrowing our living room. Have I mentioned how amazingly awesome God is?

I love what God is doing! I love the people that he has already introduced us to! I love that they are on fire for God, and passionate about His mission! I love that fact that they already have a vision for the future! I love where God has placed me at this time in my life!

I would like to ask that you pray that God keep us focused on His mission. Pray that he gives us a heart for the lost. Pray that he protects our families, our marriages, and our ministries as we proceed with our planting plans. Pray God's richest blessings on Journey Lorena!

No comments: